Was digging around in the house yesterday and came across this, an antique rod holder for travel by car. Sure, it’s not as high-tech as what we see today (i.e. Titan Rod Valuts), but this was probably a savior to those in the day. Definitely a Norman McClane vintage piece. Wondering if any of you collect antique tackle or know people who do. Thought I’d get an estimate on what this might be worth. Might have to roll to the river with it once this summer, just to see if anyone notices and says anything. The cover of the box is awesome: Pilfer-Proof and Burglar-Proof!
What You’re Saying
- Greg Thomas on The New American Angler, May/June Issue
- Jim Maxham on The New American Angler, May/June Issue
- Greg Thomas on New North 40 E-mag
- Bill Jones on New North 40 E-mag
- Greg Thomas on Fly Rod & Reel: End of a Magazine Era
- Greg Thomas on British Columbia’s Thompson River Steelhead . . . are doomed.
- Robert Norman on British Columbia’s Thompson River Steelhead . . . are doomed.
- Kerry Gubits on Fly Rod & Reel: End of a Magazine Era