One of the best early-season hatches of the year is the “Mother’s Day” caddis and it came off big time, well before Mother’s Day ever arrived. I shot this video on the Clark Fork River while fishing with Orvis’ marketing director Tom Rosenbauer. We caught a few fish in the short window of time we had to fish, but the trout weren’t really ripping up the caddis. Maybe under the surface, but definitely not on top. So what did we do? We tied on skwala stonefly dries and hammered a few nice browns.
What You’re Saying
- Greg Thomas on New North 40 E-mag
- Bill Jones on New North 40 E-mag
- Greg Thomas on Fly Rod & Reel: End of a Magazine Era
- Greg Thomas on British Columbia’s Thompson River Steelhead . . . are doomed.
- Robert Norman on British Columbia’s Thompson River Steelhead . . . are doomed.
- Kerry Gubits on Fly Rod & Reel: End of a Magazine Era
- Katie Burgert on Fall On Western Montana’s Rock Creek
- Greg Thomas on 100 Miles of Fish Habitat open for Greybull River cutthroat