Got in on the tail end of the largemouth spawn in western Montana, specifically on the Flathead Indian Reservation. My girls had a ball hauling in a few good ones. Saw a few five pounders but they didn’t seem interested in leeches. Looking forward to the spawn being over and getting after them later this summer with poppers and other flies. I haven’t done a lot of bass fishing but this seems like a good year to figure it out. Got ideas for how to fish largemouth’s after the spawn? Let’s share some ideas and figure it out. Here are a couple shots of a modest bass, a couple great girls and some spectacular mountains.
What You’re Saying
- Greg Thomas on Fly Rod & Reel: End of a Magazine Era
- Greg Thomas on British Columbia’s Thompson River Steelhead . . . are doomed.
- Robert Norman on British Columbia’s Thompson River Steelhead . . . are doomed.
- Kerry Gubits on Fly Rod & Reel: End of a Magazine Era
- Katie Burgert on Fall On Western Montana’s Rock Creek
- Greg Thomas on 100 Miles of Fish Habitat open for Greybull River cutthroat
- GARY HATFIELD on 100 Miles of Fish Habitat open for Greybull River cutthroat
- Greg Thomas on Raising Kids Alaska Style