Your Top Five Steelhead Books

Was perusing some blogs the other day and came across a thread that listed a bloggers top five steelhead books of all time. I know what mine are but I thought it might be fun for all you fellow chrome-heads to tell me what you think. Maybe there’s some underground manifesto that we’ve all missed. I know that Combs’ book Steelhead Fly Fishing and Flies is going to come up strong in this discussion. But what else? Haig-Brown. Steve Raymond. Enos Bradner. Dec Hogan. Love to hear from all of you. Let me know if we’ve missed something good.

This entry was posted in CANADA, Spey, Travel, US & Canada and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Your Top Five Steelhead Books

1. Wes Campbell says:

John Larison’s “Complete Steelheader” should be up there as well. Recent publication from a true Cascadia native. Also, Lani Waller’s “A Steelheader’s Way.”

2. JB says:

Shewey’s Steelhead Flies, and Hogan’s Passion.

3. Leifjohn says:

If you fish the Midwest you have to check out “Steelhead Dreams” by Matt Supinski. Excellent read.

4. Chris Schnepf says:

“The Complete Steelheader”, by John Larison has the best treatment of steelhead nymphing techniques (I know, heresy to some) that I have seen. Lots of other good information too.

5. Wyatt says:

Here’s two; Steelhead & the Floating Line: A Meditation by Bob Arnold and THe Color of Winter by Doug Rose.

6. Josh Rosenberger says:

Steelhead Country, By Steve Raymond

Beautifully written and inspiring season after season.

7. Les Kish says:

“The Color of Winter….Steelhead Fly Fishing on the Olympic Peninsula”, by Doug Rose

8. Eric B says:

Steelhead to a Fly – Clark Van Fleet
    Steelhead Flyfishing – Trey Combs
    Steelhead Paradise – John Fennelly
    Come Wade the River – Ralph Wahl

There are some other great books on steelhead flyfishing, but none stoke the fire like these four.