Shot this photo while sitting in a drift boat on Montana’s Beaverhead River a few years ago. The two culprits in this image are Dan Summerfield, arms spread wide, and Jed Fitzpatrick who runs Sula Fly Fishing and typically guides on the Bitterroot River. As you can see from the ominous clouds, we beat a hasty path off the water while watching this storm roll in. No need to tempt lightning. You know the Beav—big rainbows and browns, sometimes in really good numbers, although they are as picky as your ex-wives and husbands, and can be hit and miss depending on their moods. Would love to see your captions for this one. Thanks, in advance, for participating. GT
What You’re Saying
- Greg Thomas on The New American Angler, May/June Issue
- Jim Maxham on The New American Angler, May/June Issue
- Greg Thomas on New North 40 E-mag
- Bill Jones on New North 40 E-mag
- Greg Thomas on Fly Rod & Reel: End of a Magazine Era
- Greg Thomas on British Columbia’s Thompson River Steelhead . . . are doomed.
- Robert Norman on British Columbia’s Thompson River Steelhead . . . are doomed.
- Kerry Gubits on Fly Rod & Reel: End of a Magazine Era